Thursday, August 26, 2010

another classic weekend

Well I'm about two weeks and a dollar behind with getting some amazing pictures posted from when my good friend Nicole came to visit me in the big Cville earlier this month. In preparation for her visit, I went back through many of our classic pictures, including some of her straddling gay strippers and others with our good friend Keith (my gay husband). But I'm happy to report that those 3 days added about 200 more pictures of memories....

I've been so blessed this year to be able to travel to see my friends but also have alot of friends come to visit me here in VA (here and here and here and here and here). We've seen the countryside and witnessed alot of amazing beautifulness in the big VA. Case and point, whilst hitting up alot of random wineries, Nicole and I decided to stop the plastic pinto in the middle of the road and run around enjoying this sight:



For the record, Nicole climbed this tree while I watched for cars ("game on"). The entire day/night included eating sushi, crab cakes, touring grounds, listening to live music, and droving throughout central VA following signs of grapes (which we equated to flowing booze). The best part for Nicole was merrily skipping through the streets after shopping and ordering some vegetarian dish which she might have reached a big O over :)

Like most of my classic weekends, we ended up on railroad tracks. All my fun somehow involves railroad tracks and me having some sort of party on them, whether that is in Cville or TX!!! This time we had to illegally park the plastic pinto, jump a fence, and quickly avoid some scary homeless people while making sure we didn't pee our pants. Here is Nic and I with the setting sun:



Nic and I were wine connoisseurs or consumers, which ever, throughout the big VA. We came, we saw, we tasted and we made friends. We even toured DMB's winery and each bought a bottle that was aged in "MN Oak Barrels"....how awesome is that? Well anyways, this was us for an entire three days:



Throughout the weekend we also experienced a little TJ architecture, went to a Zumba dancing workout class (where I got to yell out and shake what my momma gave me), treated ourselves a little medi/pedi (minus the botox), shopped at the farmer's market, and sat up on the rooftop patio pool. We also made a quick trip to Richmond where we ran into one of my friends at this famous restaurant. We were so hung over that I don't even think I could taste my lunch, but that was all part of the fun (signed book copies for everyone!). See if you can place the following pictures.....grounds, richmond elevator of fun, and rooftop patio bathing (aka LL avoiding the big ball of death in the sky):



As we all know, moustaches were running rampant that weekend. We had an amazing party with all my friends that included amuse bouches, moustaches, lounges, candles and a bar. Despite what people might say, I'm not young and impressionable.....and that whole 3 AM swimming adventure, post moustache rides, was totally my idea. Needless to say both Nic and I jumped a 10 foot fence to silently wade in the water, trying not to get caught by the po-po:



Good times, good times. If I wasn't so stressed/exhausted lately, I could remember the amazing one-liners and funnies that happened throughout the vacation weekend. Unfortunately, neither Nicole nor I could remember shit later.....oh well, it was still amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome adventure, I'd expect nothing less with a weekend with Leslie!!! When is your next trip to MN? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. XOXOXO, my gay husband. Love you too!!! MN trip? Hmmm not sure.

    ReplyDelete