Sunday, May 2, 2010

excellent weekend

Well this was an excellent weekend full of good friends and family! M was down from B-more and had convinced B to come down during the Lupus Walk two weeks ago. I consider these people my family, whether you want me or not! All my favorite people were in town so we had to have our biannual BBQ, it's a tradition. This year we threw in a little disc golf and boozed filled nalgene bottles into the mix:

Not everyone drinks their whiskey out of nalgene bottles....some choose to recycle their plastic maple syrup bottles. I love you H!

Disc golf was a hit, even though we all sweated our balls off. Seriously, the humidity was enough to make you lose like 10 pounds stat. It did cloud over a little so the big ball of death in the sky wasn't as scary. H is some type of serious golfer with his own fanny pack bag, 40 billion discs, and a wife who does about 4 practice swings before throwing. It was a good thing we had such a pro-fess-ional because otherwise I'd still be wondering around that county park with no cell phone reception looking for a BBQ pit.

I offered to light the plastic pinto on fire if we couldn't find a grill at the park for the annual spring BBQ, but instead we shifted to D's house so that a real party could proceed. Although it should be noted that D tried to lose the 6 car caravan on the way there (don't worry I was in the big effing truck and it doesn't lose people, it runs them over). I'm still worried K/H won't make it, and apparently H needs a new pair of fun-dies (you know, fun underwear--I have a couple pairs you can borrow) after having to lasso some horses on the way. BBQs at D/T's house means that the dogs are in heaven:

Let's consider what J is saying to big Cam here:
  • Should I feed him or is he about to jump me?
  • I don't like sharing my bag o' chips.....(seriously I think you did eat that bag all by yourself--no judgment!)
  • Maybe if I just give him my beer, he'll leave me alone....
  • Keep yo distance 100 pound no manners mongrel....
Everyone was able to kick their feet up and do some high quality relaxing, which included a visit from K and R too. There was talk of some testicle tossing but D seems to lose his balls whenever T is not in town :) They were no where to be found, so we had to settle for football in the street. This was a highlight for me when M, R, B and I were doing some amazing Wayne's World football. Car, GAME ON, bitches!!! Don't worry, when it got dark, we had glow 'n the dark balls too (hahaha, I just said glow n' the dark balls!!!!)

Speaking of balls, we all know big Cam is a butt sniffer, but he also sometimes goes for other goodies. Personally I love this pic...M is smirking on the side, A is maxing and relaxing, and big Cam is going right for B's crotch. Get'em Cam, get'em!!!

Ohhh and per normal, the food was amazing. Thanks Poppa B for those amazing meat man brats. They were tasty. Overall a good time was had by all as the conversation led to our favorite movies, directors, and genres of all time. We ended the night with the best picture ever of all the girls, minus T (although you were in our hearts). Someone threw on a little Landslide and all the girls started hugging and swaying (and apparently feeling each other up) which was the best moment of the night:

This weekend felt like home for me. B was here, we were bitching at each other, BBQing, and driving around in his big ass truck blaring some Garth Brooks with my feet hanging out the window. It wouldn't be a good time if my legs weren't out the window and I wasn't fist pumping to Trace Adkins. Besides this amazing conversation, I also thoroughly enjoyed these moments:
  • B saying "I'm not sleeping in that room with all your science, I've already read all those posters!" referring to my spare bedroom. Well quit your damn drunken complaining, at least there was a new poster to read!
  • B climbing a tree to get a frisbee out of it.
  • B working to set up my garden which didn't completely happen because my "landlord" came to bitch him out (still trying to figure out that situation and what went down to alert them). Where was I, you ask to stand by my B??? I was in the bathtub. Yep I was relaxing whilst B was in the sun shoveling me an illegal garden.
  • Later I said it was probably a good thing we didn't mention to my landlord that I normally have an 8 foot christmas tree fire hazard during the holidays, and have painted my walls. B joked he should have said "wait, you mean I can't re-tile the kitchen?" Damn I so was going to knock out a wall and do some remodeling soon....
  • Me-"which is more important to ice down, beer or potato salad?" EVERYONE ELSE in unison-"BEER"
  • I got my article completed and submitted to the journal this AM which was a good 12 hours before my deadline.
  • G, B and I had the amazing Blue Grass Grill this AM...cilantro tofu lime hash makes me soooo happy (especially when I don't have to sit next to the guy that smells like shit, like fresh off the farm poop).
  • My arms and shoulders hurt this morning from all that frisbee and football throwing. My right arm isn't as practiced as all you guys.....(insert whatever joke you want to--clean or dirrrrty)......us girls have been boxing and seriously, I can still feel it.
  • Yvonne was randomly in Cville yesterday and was trying and trying to call me, and couldn't understand why my phone was off. Damn in the middle of no where golf course! Sorry Y, we'll rock out in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment