Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I need a homeboy

I'm not sure our lord and savior would appreciate all the ways in which we have made him a little mcghetto. I mean, I'm generally on board with the "Jesus is my homeboy" t-shirts, especially when he is carrying an 80s beatbox. But it might be taking this hip-ty hop-ty business a little too far when churches put this on their signs:

This of course is in reference to driving with drugs, guns or other such illegal stuff in your plastic pinto equalivalent. But I do believe this pastor needs a little education because it isn't "riding dirty", instead it should be "ridin dirtty." If you are going to rip off Chamillionaire at least get it right. Seriously. Plus I hope this church is in Duluth or Fargo, because if it is anywhere in the South that is even more unacceptable.

I need a homeboy that will ride dirtty with me...jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment