Sunday, August 15, 2010

happenings around the big LL

Well I've been a slacker blogger lately, due mostly to my crazy work schedule. I don't even have time to scroll through my normal blogs throughout the day. See I feel that those five minutes is like the time when others take smoking breaks or go to bathroom....I don't have such unhealthy habits and tend to hold it in until I can taste it :) And lately, I haven't even been able to work ANY of those things into my daily life....and I don't like pulling later nights in the office, makes me crabby when my body doesn't have yoga 3 times a week.

We are massively gearing up for some data collection in NC, and I'm headed down there this week for at least 8 days. I've driving a pimped out SUV full of all kind of supplies, including 2000 books, a computer, 10 boxes of printed materials. It is going to truly be amazing. Then I'll be staying in a phat hotel suite and hopefully finally relaxing a bit.

On a positive side, I get to caught up with the big A during next weekend in NC. We are going to do a little wedding dress pick up and hopefully celebrate her bday a little too. I'm going to have to tone back the LL-ism because I'll be in the presence of some true southern bells (ma and grandma henry). But that will be special....not like the short bus kind!

So just hang on to your butts because I'm trying to just keep myself alive and healthy. I'm still trying to catch up from last weekend, including parties and visitors. This AM I felt like Dexter as I was hauling gigantic coolers in the rain to the plastic pinto, and then wheeling chairs across the street to the office. To top it off, I was also wearing a white wife beater....

Be patient, I'm coming back to my sassy self.

No comments:

Post a Comment