Sunday, June 13, 2010

a jilly bean visit, part 2

Well I've mentioned in passing for months now that my Jilly Bean was coming back to the big Cville to terrorize the city and piss the hell out of the big B. I'm happy to report we successfully did both over memorial day weekend. JB initially made her airplane tickets for a two week vacay but thankfully we figured out that date mistake and got her starting to pack a whole 3 months ahead of time. To all of our surprises, she was able to just carry on a suitcase so that she could make it from the airport to the train station in downtown DC without being that annoying 100 lb luggage lady.

She made it down to Cville and the fun ensued, including themes which can only accurately be expressed with visuals:



Doing yoga moves in inappropriate places were all the rage: 1) in the expensive sushi restaurant bathroom which went a little like this...JB, "Hey I've been doing yoga", LL, "Oh yeah show me", JB "yeah check this move out" and then I had my camera ready; 2) my epic weekend theme of finding myself on railroad tracks continued from Austin, TX to the Ville, where JB was doing more downwards dogs on the city track. Good, good, totally hot.



Then dry humping inanimate objects were also the rage, although I will admit this has been apart of my everyday life for the last decade and not necessarily something unique to this epic weekend. Although, I did find myself around random parking cones, and close to those amazing wahooptie limos (this is not the first time in the last couple months that I've been around those limos or humping things).

Anyways, JB and I got seaweed mud wraps which was not the most comfortable experience. Laying on a table butt naked in a freezing cold room whilst a random person paints mud on every piece of your skin (when I say every I truly mean EVERY without exaggeration), is not my idea of the most relaxing thing. I would have more fun giggling the whole time with JB in the room with me. It was a good thing I didn't let JB bring rice and shrimp....

Speaking of seafood, we had a plethora of random seafood throughout the weekend. Whether it was lobster tempura or seafood of the sea chowder or my favorite ceviche, we would order it and eat the crap out of it. Another random food fact of the weekend, was PUMPKINS. Yep, pumpkins. JB had her amazing heart set on many some pumpkin cookies for my birthday party, and feck if we didn't drive ALL OVER Cville and stopped at about 6 grocery stores. Apparently, the entire commonwealth of VA is out of canned pumpkin. Apparently, it was a bad fall for pumpkins and no one has it. In my exhaustion of hearing about pumpkins, I finally found a phone book and started calling every store in town so I didn't have to keep driving the plastic pinto around (which also included stopping to buy a new electric mixer since I accidentally set the old one on fire a couple weeks ago, don't ask!). Needless to say we didn't find pumpkins, but I was able to convince JB to make it work with what we had, and apparently she's got a little martha facher in her and can apparently bake!

I forgot to mention that during my party, we also had to do a classic LL/JB throw back to sing a little Vanessa Williams (not whilst in a wind tunnel), which everyone secretly loved doing a little karaoke to:



Later that weekend, we headed up to DC but made a couple essential stops at some wineries on the way. At some point, I turned to JB to ask "are you drunk after three tastes of wine?" We made friends and I nearly wet my pants waiting to find a restroom but sucked it up and peed is the WORSE smelling bathroom I've ever been in (seriously someone dropped a huge bomb in there).

We got in some good B time, although I may kick his ass next time so that he relaxes and has a little more fun. But in the mean time we made a bomb fire in the backyard, hit up the eastern market in DC, barely made it to the famous motorcyle rally, and played a little twilight football on the national mall (this wasn't a water balloon fit, but as close as B would let us get):


Of course, Jilly Bean wanted to make sure she could do some legendary poses with my favorite phallic statue, which has been happening with all my friends here and here. This one was a couple picture through where her big ass was working with me:


In typically MN fashion, we did a little cruising with B in his big truck, with the music blaring, with my feet hanging out the window. That marks an excellent weekend, with good friends, good food, and of course booze. So here's to the next year of fun, may be always remember the tradition and kept laughing....

Here are a couple random facts/highlights/observations:
  • Fancy desserts may look like chocolate blobs or cat throw up.
  • Handicap spots on hiking trails are for wheelchair parking or JB.
  • Gigantic margarita glasses make great cones to cover your boobs.
  • LL's homemade potato is good 2 weeks later when found in the back of a refrig.
  • Five fingered shoes are only for people who don't take 40 minutes to put them on.
  • Yes JB and I are 5 years old when I laugh everytime someone says Weiner.
  • Fresh basil/cucumber martinis make LL very happy....
  • I may have spend an entire day waiting for JB to try to work her damn cell phone.
  • BBQed ribs are not the best choose of meat for 3 people who have trouble eating normal non-messy food.
  • People with handlebar mustaches are HOT!!! Wanna ride? Yes please.
  • Whoever marries JB will need to always carry a manbag with orange juice and granola bars in it....you've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment