Monday, August 30, 2010

an open letter requesting fall

Dear mother nature,

I know you are busy being all motherly and organic and naturally, but I'm done with summer. Bring on fall. I'm ready for cooler weather, for less sun, for changing leaves, and for football season. More reason to end the summer: my garden was a big flop that only produced 1 cucumber and a couple strawberries which basically turned into hummingbird food.

I had to lock myself in my apartment this weekend and turn into Martha Facher so to keep myself out of trouble. I came, I baked, I cooked. I'm tried of hiding indoors and being so freaking mcsweaty when outside. The days are getting shorter and I'm totally OK with it. So please mother nature, can the big VA just get a little colder, please?

I promise to keep hump/ugging trees and recycling if you will just bring on the fall....

Eternally yours,
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment