Sunday, June 13, 2010

a hood visit

So I've been very blessed lately to have many friends and family visiting me here in Cville and the great commonwealth of the big V-A-baby. Recently, I made a trip to DC to meet up with my good friend Brianne, a member of the extended Hood Family of Spokane. I knew Bri in grad school in f-ing Pullman (try not to throw up in your mouth), and lived with her sister too! I am very lucky to know her amazing family and r-e-s-p-e-c-t them all.

It's been a good 3 years since I've seen her, and we had a wonderful time screwing around and relaxing in DC. We completed all my favorite DC activities, like eating at the two top vegetarian restaurants, treating ourselves to alittle medi/pedi/botox (with just the pedi part), drinking margitias as big as our heads, laughing till I wet myself (just a little bit), going to farmer markets, and running around the district taking photos with my favorite phallic monument:


Now this is a slight departure from tradition in that my butt or flat hands aren't holding it up, instead we were at the right angle to make a tooth pick out of it. During this night we were able to get up onto the rooftop patio of the W hotel right downtown, due to the fact that our tour on the two-wheel death machines was canceled (no segwaying it this time). I've tried to get into this hotel two times previously and been cockblocked due to my crappy clothing. Fortunately, this time despite my flippy flops and t-shirts Brianne and I got up to the rooftop to enjoy those $35 drinks :) We made friends, enjoyed the view, and hobb-knobbed with the wealth of DC. The view of monuments and the White House were great, and well worth the expensive drinks:

Can you see the WH behind us??? From the side you can see both the front and back column entrances.....hey BO!?!?! I'm a-comin for you :) One of these trips I will, I swear, get one of those reach-arounds in. But I couldn't even sneak in from the front entrance either (see below), but I did apparently have a little pirate coming out of me. Check out this picture which makes me 1) look like a bird, or 2) look like a pirate without a peg leg:


I vote for pirate since I already talk like a sailor. Insert ARRrrrgghhhh with finger shaped hook. But seriously, where the hell did my leg go??? I'm like a one-legged bird in some ass kicking tennis shoes preparing to attack :)

Well our weekend was also full with a trip to the National Cathedral to enjoy a full tour of America's first church with all the amazing glass staining. I just love glass staining. We also got a good hike on Roosevelt island, which is a national park in the middle of the Potomac, and has been on my DC list-of-things-to-do for years. Also new for this trip was a visit to TJ's memorial (you know, Tom Jeff, my homie from Cville....that zexy slave owner). This memorial was tall and amazing, but the best part was the walk to it where I found George Mason's memorial and got alittle frisky with it:


I do believe this is the clean version of the many pictures I was taking with this statue, until I feared the park po-po may come and arrest me. Anyways, who makes a statue like this and not anticipate that people are going to sit on it, or kiss it, or .....well we will just stop there :)

Thanks for the visit B, and looking forward to future good times!!!

3 comments:

  1. Did you give that statue the reach around...? I know you couldn't resist,right! Good for you Les! You always have so much fun with whatever you do... Miss you! Your gay husband, K. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had quite the time while she was there and stayed busy! That is awesome and maybe someday I will make it over there.....I will give you a call to catch up when I get back.
    Take care,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would give that statue a reach-around. Yes please.

    And Janelle you gotta get a little more saucy in your commenting, none of this professional letters :)

    ReplyDelete