Wednesday, July 7, 2010

pictorial evidence of alaska

Alright folks, here are the AK/AL money shots. Although I hear people do appreciate my running commentary and the colorful LLish anecdotes, I know you all are waiting with baited breath for the pictorial evidence of my Alaskan adventure. If you are interested in a crazy girl's ramblings, check out this update 1, 2, 3, and the final. If you want more details you'll have to buy me some steamed mussels and a fruity martini....

Well let's start with my favorite picture of the trip which has already been posted on my desktop. We took this when walking on the ice glacier, and it includes the snowy mountains, the green/cooper mountains, the glacier, the dirty rocks which apparently come with all glaciers, a not-as-cloudy sky, and some beautiful wild flowers. All Alaskan goodness wrapped up in one photo:



And of course, the big ball of death in the sky was out this say so I was full clothed and trying to remain pale :) But whilst hiking on the big block of ice, I let my uni-bomber hood down long enough to soak up a little vitamin D. Dirty blue ice is soooo hot, I'd do push ups and cut up my hands/knees all day to drink that glacier water filtered in dirty rocks:



We also had an opportunity to ride a sky tram into the Alaskan sky. It was a ride about 2000 feet (or something "God-like" coming from the person who has no sense of measurement) into the heavens to overlook more of the frozen tundra. I like this picture because it looks like I can literally reach out into the clouds and you can see all the brilliant shades of snow-topped green (reminding me of Ireland, and that Irish song of 120 colors of green....Momma B knows it):



On one of our day trips we went to Wittitttittter which populates about 120 people. I loved it. I ate Reindeer and pooped in a hole. This city is right on the ocean so I could get my toeys wet. I spend some high quality time on one of their rocky beaches while waiting for a train to become unstuck from the 2 1/2 mile one-lane tunnel of death. Anyways, Bridawg, Coopster and I did a little posing in the beautiful wilderness:



I also really like this picture because it is cloudy, it has some of those "Charlie Brown-like Christmas trees," glaciers, snowy mountains, and that picturesque crystal blue ocean water:



I also became an adapted Aunt as Cooper (my pooper) bonded for a good 5 days. In this pictorial evidence of our budding relationship, I have his cameo 1-year old self on my 6 foot tall shoulders. We had many a dance parties with me singing, and both of us shaking our booties while flaring our limbs about as if independent of our bodies. In this picture we are entertaining all the other cars waiting to get through the tunnel of death (and he may have been drooling on my head):



As I mentioned before, I was planning on shooting a moose, or Sarah Palin, or a moose/palin from an airplane whilst in Alaska (or drinking some smoked salmon vodka, which we didn't find...damnit). Unfortunately, Ryan wouldn't let me touch his guns (teheheh) but I did get a little wild moose visual hunting in. This is the money shot of the male bull moose we saw which I termed "Bullwinkle" (original, I know). He was just going about his business, eating grass, and not trying to mount/hump me! So I got these amazing pictures of him in his natural green environment:



Also as a final Alaskan observation, I think those Alaskan navies have dog ears. Either Bridawg, Rhino or I would be whispering to each other about something and some Alaskan would hear us. It literally happened everyday no matter where we were. I couldn't believe the sensitive hearing those Alaskans have, even when I'm making rude observations....

Want more pictures? Email me bitches!

2 comments:

  1. Dog ears, really?!?! Could it not be because you are LOUD. Just kidding. You know I had to say it. tehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I was whispering...really.

    ReplyDelete