Wednesday, June 23, 2010

making tennis history

Well today was an epic sports days, first team USA made it to the World Cup and second we also witnessed the longest tennis match in history (which was postponed after 10 hours due to darkness). I absolutely loved watching this game and could have sat there for hours and hours and hours. You take two young, hot, strapping young men and have them beat balls at each other until it is too dark....HOT!!! I would have liked them to keep playing but to have switched to glow-in-the-dark balls (I got a couple you could borrow) until it was last man standing. Just think of the fun drinking games we could have quickly thought of....shot each time someone says Ace or Deuce.

You would think everyone would be watching Center Court matches at Wimbledon in London, England, but NOPE all eyes were on the longest match in history with two random players, one from the US and the other from France. This brought fond memories of my trip to Wimbledon and I seriously wanted to pour myself a Pimm's Cup and snack on some strawberries n' cream, both Wimbledon traditions.

OK but back to the subject at hand. I had an errant thought cross my mind whilst watching this epic match, did they get to go to the bathroom? What if you had to take a dump? I mean they had to have been able to eat a power bar or drink some water, right??? With my luck, I would have gotten explosive number twos around hour 3.

The moon was in the sky when they suspended the game even through the crowd was chanting "keeping playing!" So tomorrow we will start again, and here's hoping the media doesn't pound those two players because they probably need some protein and a hot bath, stat. More of this fun historical sport action, yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment