Saturday, May 8, 2010

an epic Cville night

Well last night was an evening weeks in the making! It was an epic night, much like last weekend. It all started when my good friend A mentioned she was going to be in town this weekend, this after a number of conversations regarding wedding planning. I was worried that she wasn't going to get a good sending off into the marriage-hood-ball-in-chain-land, and I wasn't about to let happen! With wedding planning, job interviewing, and final disserting I figured now was as good of a time as any, even through we are a good 6 months from the wedding. We got to planning...

The night started off with me sticking my head in A's apartment door and yelling "helllooooo, you better put your clothes!!!" and her looking at me "ohhhh you're dressed up." We completely shocked her when 6 other friends followed me in the door and we announced there was a surprise Bachorlette party happening tonight....red faced, surprised, and overwhelmed, Wei-Bing just handed A her favorite beer and cheered profusely. We had brought her favorite Hawaiian pizza, which M never lets her order, and lots of good cheer. We had all the supplies to invade her apartment and hang out for a couple hours. This gave her time to change, and for us to start dressing her up:

A, you should happy that we didn't start pinning penises or condoms on you at this point in the night...but instead we had some nice tasteful bachelorette crowns, sashs, and shot glasses. I enjoyed some of the gift opening with books of various positions for each day of the year. You have fun with that!!! Especially since you'll now know how many calories you will burn for each possible position!

After everyone had some salad, pizza and beer and was relaxed, we had a Cville legend come pick us up. Yep, for those that don't know the Wahooptie's are a fleet of pimped out limos in town, and last night we got the bright orange one:


(I'm not sure what Cville gang signs look like, but I have a feeling neither A or I are giving the right ones)

That orange limo is one sexy bitch that drove us all over Cville. Our driver, Mason, thoroughly enjoyed us as we told lots of inappropriate sex related stories and screamed out the windows. OK perhaps it was only me yelling out the window, but that is besides the point. We popped open the bottle of champagne, continued dipping into the thermos of margaritas (J, I loved and want to steal that 80's thermos), and did some shots of Tequila Rose. Who doesn't want champagne when in a stretch orange limo??? Doesn't matter what we were drinking, but everyone was drinking it out of a bright neon penis straws....which followed us throughout the night. We just kept adding more embarrassing things as the night progressed.

Well my goal was to stop to take pictures at the Cville landmarks so that A had good memories of her life in Cville and leaving-single-life party. Our driver did not disappoint and we ended up with these gems:

Wahoooo, there is the famous Cville Rotunda and a little TJ memories. What, no one wants to go knock on our boss's door??? No, no??? Really, the big BOB might have welcomed us in...OK good thing we just stayed on the lawn and chased down have naked strippers who lost their shirts at 8 PM on a friday night....

And of course we had to find ourselves one of the legendary Cville signs. Thank god our driver found this one that didn't require us to stop on the 4 lane bi-pass highway, that might have gotten us arrested.....

Phhhhh, this photo was taken on the outside of the Cville police station and NOT from behind bars within. But you have to admit, THAT would have been an awesome end to the night if we all ended up arrested. I still want that to happen at some point in my life, where you turn to your best friend and say "that was a badass night" and then you go pee in the shared jail cell toilet.....(side note, OK OK I'm only kidding, don't worry and start calling me concerned).

Later that evening, we were dropped off at A's favorite Cville pub, Fellini's 9. We got there just in time so we didn't have to pay a cover and were able to get a big table. 3 additional friends met up with us there, which was really really special. To my surprise, my FAVORITE Cville bluegrass/jazzy band was playing that night. It was amazing to get some good Chicken Head Blues (hello, look at their name, you know they are badasses) in my life. We danced, we swayed to the music, we made friends with the old men, and we jammed out.

One of the Fellini's owners, who I immediately made friends with, helped me do some last minute more embarrassing moments for our lovely A. The owner got resourceful, pulled off some pictures, did some printing, consulted with me, and then finished a penis themed crown/hat which led to this amazing picture:

Could A's face be any redder? The best part was when everyone in the restaurant started cheering and yelling, then kept coming by the table giving us penis jokes. For example, "hey ladies, looks like your night has come to a head!" hahahaha, that was great. We had a couple bottles of wine and rounds of desserts, and thoroughly enjoyed our final evening at Fellini's 9. I love that place.

So, here's to you A and M, to marriage, to life, and to a bright future (we had multiple toasts like this throughout the night). Hope you had fun A!!!! We love you, and now you can leave Cville happy....

PS, as a parting note, A and I got a little frisky with the Thomas Jefferson statue on grounds/campus. This is an amazing picture of my girl and I dry humping the crap out of the amazing slave owning TJ....

No comments:

Post a Comment