Tuesday, March 2, 2010

don't mothers ever mother anymore?

OK so I don't have kids (insert gigantic sigh) so I cannot say too much on this topic, but doesn't any mothers ever "mother" anymore??? This is such a dynamic shift in perspective for me, because only a few years ago I could never understand the stay at home mother. I mean, I still don't like the idea of the stereotypical stay at home mom, but at least they were "good" mothers. At least they worked hard at raising their children instead of shoving them in front of a television or hiring a handful of nannies/mannies.

Case and point, Kate Gosselin. Besides whoring out her children for TLC's reality television, she now has signed up to be a contender on the next season of Dancing with the "Stars." She is taking her spiked asymmetrical hair cut (although she now has a weave) and putting on that spray tan and glitter. You know, she is going to perform live on television on monday and tuesday nights, practice a billion hours inbetween and also raise her 8 children at home. Well good. I bet that ex-husband of her's can fill in when he is not guest hosting on Extra, or partying in the Hamptons with Mr. Lohan.

Seriously, who needs a mother anymore? Not like our children these days aren't screwed up enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment