Saturday, March 6, 2010

RI goals: check and check

So I've accomplished all my RI goals already!!!! And it is only Saturday afternoon.

1) I got my ghetto pedi yesterday. Pretty toes.

2) This morning I got up and went to a Hatha yoga class downtown. This wellness center was voted #1 place for yoga in Providence, and it was well worth the money for 90 minutes of my personal heaven. I even learned some new moves! They had a studio with these ropes on one of the walls, which I've never seen, but we used them in the practice. We rigged our bodies to the wall with the ropes (ooooohhhh that sounded dirttty) and used it for resistance in certain poses. It was wicked awesome. I loved it.

3) I had done some searches for Providence's best Clam Chowder and decided to adventure into another side of town to try and find this place. After getting lost once, I found the little ma and pa place which was radiating a delightful fried food smell. I had CLEAR clam chowder, which apparently is a RI specialty. I also was able to try Clamcakes, which I wrongly thought would be like traditional crabcakes. Instead they were like doughy, baked puffs with fresh clams in the sides. Weird huh? They were delicious. I also got a pint of the traditional white clam chowder to go, so that I can keep living the fresh seafood dream the next 3 days.

4) At this mecca of seafood restaurant, I saw they had something called a "carrot cake bomb" on their menu. Well that shit intrigued the hell out of me, so I ordered one of those to go too. I think if you put the word "bomb" in any title, I might just try it. Case and point, Jager BOMB. Well it wasn't anything too special, but carrot cake none the less. I could still find another place to completely satisfy this goal.

I sat and visited with the owner of this fried food shack and thoroughly enjoyed their NE accents. I also walked through my Italian neighborhood this afternoon, saying HI to all grandparents sitting outside their shops or apartments smoking cigars. I might, MIGHT be falling in love with Providence.....these are my kind of people.

So now I'm back at my killer hotel, with my windows wide open because it is beautiful outside. And to further witness what a great day I'm having, I got a little James Taylor mix on which makes me truly happy. The cherry on top...I just cracked open a Leine's. Ahhhh, heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment