Friday, March 12, 2010

hand me a pretzel and some steak'n cheese

Well I made it to Philly, and in the cab ride from the airport I had to bust out a little Fresh Prince....in west Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days....

Yesterday was the first day of the conference and I attended a number of presentations that totally set my kinkers on fire! Seriously, this is my mecca, where LL belongs. Violence, youth development, at risk kids, school climate, ahhhhhh. None of that preschool business :) Only kidding.

I'm a little McKanky because despite all my careful planning I've got a little start of a head cold. Sick children sitting next to me on a plane, and a hotel room with absolutely no circulation. I'm eating right, drinking tea, and doping myself up so here's hoping that will help. I still got another 5 days of this trip!!! Right now it feels like my sinuses are going to explode, and I truly love that feeling.

My presentation is today and my poster arrived successfully (thanks A). Likely no more internet until I arrive in DC on Sunday, as it costs the price of my right arm at the hotel. But in the meantime, hand me one of those phattie Philly steak'n cheese sandwiches....

No comments:

Post a Comment