Saturday, March 6, 2010

the (slight) return of my weekends

So for the last 2+ months I've been working on a revise and resubmit for a manuscript from my 3 year old thesis from WSU. This is the second article out of that project, and it has been rejected once. Luckily, we had an opportunity to buff it up and resubmit for further consideration. My colleagues and I had an initial goal of submission in January, but that was laughable as I just got the damn thing in 4 days before the deadline. Academics...always just putting out fires!

But this damn paper is on top of my normal work load so that, coupled with my spring grant writing class, has been slightly pushing me over the edge. I am going to relish the (slight) return of my weekend life that doesn't involve as much personal "work." I am going to pop open another bottle of Leine's and eat the rest of my carrot cake to celebrate the revised submission :) And I'm officially switching my playlist to "british gods" which makes me bounce in my seat a little.

A note to the reviewers: I'll do other things for an acceptance as well.....just name your game.....use your imagination.....

No comments:

Post a Comment