Wednesday, March 3, 2010

a start to a long couple weeks?

So as I've mentioned, the big LL train was taking a 2 week mission away from Cville, living the life of Up in the Air. During times like this you can only plan so much and than you just gotta go with the flow. So here hoping the rest of the 2 week trip doesn't continue like the last 12 hours:
  • W dropped me off at the airport after I convinced her I need a foot long Subway sub, and then I had to teach her about the hidden message of Subway's foot long song and hand languages.
  • I spent 3 hours in the Cville airport only to have my flight be canceled. Damn eastern seaboard snowstorms!
  • I have verbal confirmation from my hotel in RI that they will not charge me for last night, stating my defense of "Hello, I'm still staying 7 nights!"
  • I got the airlines to reimburse my $50 heavy luggage charge because I was 1 pound over. The lady said "well don't you want to apply that to your luggage for tomorrow," and I quickly replied "HELLS NO...I'm pretty sure I can pull a pound out of it."
  • Turns out I only pulled 1/2 pound out of my suitcase but I still convinced this morning to round down from 50.5.
  • The big A picked my ass up last night and drove me home. And this morning I couldn't find my poster for SRA, which hopefully means it is still in A's car. That means: a) I will have to convince her to ship it to me or b) I'll have to order another gigantic print before next week.
  • That damn poster tube, I should I have just paid the extra shipping and have to sent to my hotel in Philly. But I like to have my work in my hands though, and now I'll pay extra either way as it was sucked into the Cville travel vortex.
  • If I get into RI ontime today, I will have exactly 90 minutes to get my rental car and haul ass across the city to get to my first preschool by 1:30 PM.
  • Checking bags makes me super crabby, I hate waiting.
  • I hate wearing real shoes and coats. Now that I don't live in the frozen tundra, I don't wear winter coats or shoes that fully enclose my feet. I don't get that luxury when traveling north and that too makes me slightly crabby.
  • Hoping for a good morning poo before I get on another airplane this morning. My little floor hole at CHO is amazing. I might have to write my name on the wall stating my claim from the last two days.
  • It's 6 AM and I'm listening to Poison in the airport without headphone. Everyone can suck it, I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment