Wednesday, February 17, 2010

total gridlock

So last night I sped my way up to DC to attend two separate Lupus Events--my support group and the Lupus Walk fundraising launch party. This, I knew, was a lofty goal because getting from one end of DC to the other is never an easy task.

I was doing well on the interstates, and around 5:30 PM I turned onto L street in the business district of DC and went to a complete stop. It was total gridlock for the 5 blocks I needed to go until Betty's office. It took me over an hour to go 3 blocks, where I picked Betty up, argued with a foreign parking lot man about letting my car in, and then continued for another 30 minutes the 1 block to Betty's office underground garage of death.

Seriously, I've NEVER experienced gridlock like that. The homeless man pushing his home in a shopping cart was moving faster than me, and seriously that guy had alot of stuff in that cart and was working hard to get it through the snow. He made it quicker down the road than me.

We finally got above ground and could walk through the complete mess that is the DC streets to get to the bar. By this time I'd been in my car for 4 hours and felt as if my bladder might explode, so I was happy to move about. Betty and I decided if we could hide my car somewhere then we would just drink and eat until the traffic got better.

The Walk for Lupus launch party went well, and we then went to Nerer Nerer Chicken Dinner restaurant for some amazing drinks and food. I'm all about that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment