Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy birthday ladies

Well last night was a good night with all my favorite people. It was three of my good friend's birthdays. Apparently it was a big birthday for them and they all swear they are not actually aging or celebrating birthdays anymore. Fine by me, as long as we can still go and celebrate your fo birthdays.



Night started with a little indoor ice skating. It was like I was in high school again surrounded by 75 people under the age of 18. Remember, this is where people go when they can't go to the bar. I personally enjoyed the purple necklace/nametags we had to wear (so sexy). Some, like Claire and Julie, were ice queens with speed and agility (I swear, Jeff and I saw Matt hurtle a small child). Others, got points for flare (moving their arms about), for sparkly outfits, and yelling profanities ("BEER" or "MOVE it along").



Surprisingly, no one died skating. Bonus for all parties involved. So we headed out to a bar for food and beer (which was probably best to do AFTER skating), but of course our "reservation" was lost. So in a luckily chance the 12 of us got into another place, which was perfect. We had a nice big table upstairs, in as Ginny said "miami-ish club" atmosphere, and the service was fast and the food was a-mazing. Much laughter continued.



Now this is the place where some of us go shake it every once and awhile, and as predicted a disc ball dropped and the 80's club music started. It was some fierce entertainment watching the old white dude, the crazy cougar, the stoic hispanic and the creepy indian dude. THIS was heaven for me!!! It is like a psychology experiment watching all the creeptacular old men at this place! From the second floor, I kept saying "I"m going to go dance with that old dude" and sure enough we got all 6 of the women out on the dance floor. This too was a-mazing as there was much impromptu bootie shaking from a number of women.

I finally went back upstairs to where the 6 men were holding down the table and watching the purses :) because I was afraid if I stayed down there any longer it would be 2 AM and they would be dragging me out of there. I wore a damn sweater because of the ice skating factor, only to end up dancing at a bar by the end of the night (I said "at" and not "on" OK!). I know that if I didn't extricate myself from THAT situation, soon my sweater was coming off, and frankly that is a sight NO one wants to see :)



It was a GREAT night with birthday cupcakes, friends, good food and booze, and lots of laughter. The good nights are never planned this way :) The only down side is no one ended up dry humping the stairs, I bet it would have happened if we stayed longer!

1 comment:

  1. Leslie you didn't take enough credit for the night: organizing ice skating, ordering the world's best cupcakes, it was all awesome and we appreciate it! It's hard to pick a favorite between the ice-skating and the dance floor full of personality, but the one with people splayed out on their bellies might win out (you can guess which that was). Happy February!

    ReplyDelete