Thursday, February 25, 2010

a new olympic sport

So apparently some people are advocating for some other "sports" to be included in the olympics. I guess this depends on how you define a "sport." I've debated this many times with my male friends, like if cheerleading is considered a sport or other events like "log rolling" in the red neck games. Should the criteria be if you have to practice? Or if you have to sweat? Or if you can earn money playing???

If we say the latter, that means that yes, pole dancing should be in the olympics. The headline read "from strip clubs to the metal podium." Some women have been practicing up to 5 hours a day, and it takes lots of strength and agility to be good. Stay at home moms now take suburban classes to learn how to pole dance and celebrities make exercise stripping videos. Up-side-down and twisting....

Anywho I like the idea, it could be on ESPN or the olympics. I'd watch. I probably wouldn't cry like I do during the normal olympic competitions though....

No comments:

Post a Comment