Friday, May 14, 2010

stop wearing flannel shirts

For GOD sake will people PLEASE stop wearing flannel shirts!!! I hate flannel shirts, and you won't ever catch me in one of those. Granted I'm talking shirts here, not pants. I'll wear the shit out of some flannel pants....

People in flannel shirts remind me of FFA, the country, people with mullets (these are typically tank flannel tops), Paul Bunyan (who has statues throughout the state of MN), and stupid Twillight (seriously, why why did you have to restart that?). Now you can't walk into any Gap (crap) or Old Navy without being bombarded with various shades and colors of plaid flannel button downs. Barf. And to put a cherry on top, they are now making flannel dresses...

Case and point, the poor Japanese prime minister whose national approval rating has gone down the shitter (no really, people are judging his work on this) because he wore this outfit:

Japan's Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama came under fire for this  outfit he wore at a Japanese BBQ he recently organized.

No no no, this is not OK. There are soooo many things wrong with this photo, I can't even make coherent noises. First of all there are too many colors going on here. Let's not represent every shade of the rainbow in one damn shirt. Second, the colors are pieced together in obvious forms that my ma's 4-H girls might have done it. Finally, at least it is the same plaid print and not big then small strips. THAT might have pushed me over the small flannel shirt ledge I've been sitting on.

Mr. Prime Minister, I know you were on your way to a BBQ, but seriously, not OK...

No comments:

Post a Comment