Friday, May 21, 2010

the new/creepy mascots

So the London 2012 Olympic mascots have been revealed and they are subjects of my nightmares (well you know if I could remember them and if they weren't vodka fueled). These are sort of one eyed, tellie-tubby-ish, crab clawed mascots which will probably frighten your children. Apparently the Olympic committee says "Two parts-Pokemon to one-part lava lamp with yellow 'Taxi’ lights on their foreheads." Well that just screams London to me....lava lamps and taxis. Spot on (insert sass). Can't they have a face? Some sort of smile might help this situation:


Their names are Wenlock and Mandeville....what the hell kind of names are those??? I know, I know, the names have a significant to the birthplace of the Olympics so it is a historical throwback. But I still contend that if you are going to make scary mascots then you should have named them something warm and fuzzy, like Nancy or Ole the Olympian.


I would like to officially vote for the next Olympic mascot to be the clown from the movie It. It is roughly the same thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment