Tuesday, May 4, 2010

done and done

I just officially submitted my 40 page grant to my professor!!!! Yeah done and done and done. And I'm 95% sure is going to pass me without having to take an incomplete. Phhhhh. Everyone sigh together and then let's do a shot!!!!

It's 11 PM and I'm sitting in my work conference room, but it is over. Next time I start talking crazy about making myself a better person or professional someone hit me over the head with a bottle of whiskey. Seriously. I need to stop. Take a pottery class or take some time to sew, but for christ sake stop taking stats and writing classes. (this attitude will probably only last about 6 months, that is how it works in LL land).

But in the meantime, I'm going to take this weekend to celebrate that I did alot this semester. I got a paper published (have another under revision), I wrote a grant, I raised $13,000 for LFA, and I still did my normal 40 hour job, volunteer activities, and personal drinking activities without going into a flare. WAHOOOOO!!! That means I'm getting better at managing my life without killing myself. Points for LL.

PS, I have a meeting scheduled with my professor to discuss "next steps" with my grant. Here's hoping my initial inclination is true and he wants to do something with all this hard work....keep your damn fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment