Sunday, December 20, 2009

still snowed in

Well it has been an interesting 48 hours in the life of LL. It all started Friday morning and pretty much continued to go down hill from there, mostly in a funny way.

Friday morning started with a phone call from A that she had been vomiting all night and needed substance asap. Pulling out the good friend card, I hurried to get ready, ran to the store, and drove to her house with ginger ale, crackers and noodle soup. Well this will be news to A, but on the way over to her house, on the crowded downtown street, some stupid bitch opened their car door as I was driving and took off my passenger side mirror. YEAH!!! Nothing like an early morning minor car accident.

I was in a hurry to get to work because we were filming on the green screen that morning with our technology team, who consequently were 1 hour late and not ready with the supplies they were suppose to have. So hurrying back to work was un-necessary as my team wasn't really ready. And in the meantime I had teachers waiting and nothing was going right. But we got everything filmed after I was contemplating running into oncoming traffic....

I went home for a long lunch because my stomach/ovaries was starting to reject me. I was trying to get myself to relax but finally gave up and headed back into work to start calling the insurance companies. Turns out getting a minor car accident isn't the best thing right before the holidays when nothing is open on the weekend. So needless to say I had to take the afternoon off and run around Cville to get an estimate for my mirror for State Farm. Turns out they just duct taped that son'bitch back on for the meantime (which I could have done myself).

Around late afternoon on Friday my stomach really started rejecting me and I made it till 5 pm before dragging my sorry self home and curling up into the fetal position. I was in bed with the chills by 6:30 PM and secretly knew that the snow was starting to fall outside. Needless to say I got some stomach bug which meant I haven't anything in over 24 hours until this Sunday morning (and for those that don't know I eat a TON!!! so that means god was really hating me). It was OK because it was not like I had any food in my house anyways that was neutral flavored for my stomach and it wasn't like I could take my car anywhere to go shopping!

I woke up Saturday morning and had over a foot of snow on the ground and it continued to snow most of the day. I spent all day indoors making myself drink fluids, not being able to eat anything, and generally moving from my bed to the couch taking naps inbetween watching Alias and reading Twilight (both for about the billionth time, what would I do without Betty's resources?). No internet and no cable, but luckily I had power. If it was 20 degree out and I didn't have electricity there is a good possibility I might have died.

By the late afternoon I decided to get myself outside to start shoveling off my plastic pinto. This shit wasn't going to get any easier so I might as well make a dent in the snow before I passed out of exhaustion again, or barfed in the snow (I haven't done that since those drunken good times in MN). So I took a bucket, put on my snow pants that Gail made me buy 8 years ago while in CA so she could take me skiing on the mountain of death, and had some quality time with the now 20+ inches of snow. Turns out my complex was in better shape than the rest of the city as I discovered 8+ abandoned cars on Ivy Rd by the bridge of death.

So my car is shoveled out and the crews out this morning. I am packed for the holidays and in at the office now so I can use the internets and finalize some work stuff. I could actually eat toast and a granola bar this morning without wanting to stab myself in the stomach. SOOOO things are looking up. I might venture out to DC this afternoon if the roads are good. Otherwise I'm going to get some work done and go back to my couch until tomorrow.

Pray for better east coast/midwest weather so I can make it to MI before the holidays!!!

This photo was taken on my patio before I started shoveling off the plastic pinto yesterday afternoon. We continued to get snow until 5 PM, and around 20 inches in my neighborhood and up to 30 in my county:



Here are my knee deep foot prints across my work parking lot to get into my office this morning:

1 comment:

  1. Hey just so you know it is great here in Minnesota. Cloudy, 24 degrees, no wind. I'm looking out of the window watching the boys. There is 7 of them playing hockey on the lake. The fire pit is on the ice with a big old fire burning. Carter says this is the best day ever! They have been out there for the last 3 hours. I guess it might be time to take another round of hot chocolate down to them. Looks like they might be needing a trip to the hot tub when they come up.
    Sorry your not feeling well. Hope you get better. Doug

    ReplyDelete