Thursday, December 10, 2009

it's a bitch getting old

In the words of my crazy grandmother, "it's a bitch getting old." Crazy grandma used to say this to me every time I'd drive her to the Olive Garden to get her all liquided up, and she'd have to climb out of my low riding plastic pinto. And this fact couldn't have been more apparent to me over the last year that I've been volunteering at a local nursing home painting old ladies nails.

Two months of ago my favorite lady who ALWAYS got bright red nails passed away. Then last night I was painting my second favorite lady's nails and I swear she had a stroke right in front of me. She loss consciousness and all this other stuff (which I won't describe because it makes everyone but me uncomfortable---death is a part of life), but I was like "oh christ my night is about to get worse" as she stopped breathing...

I pushed her emergency button and got nothing so I had to go seek out help. She was conscious when I left and knew who I was....so here's hoping she is still around when I get back after the holidays. But seriously it is a bitch getting old!

I need to stop making friends with old people because the probability of departure is so much greater. Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment