Tuesday, December 15, 2009

back to a student status

I, last minute, decided last week that I was going to take another course this spring, in light of not being in data collection mode and my boss have triplets. And luckily a class I was SUPER interested in was added last minute that meets multiple goals of mine: 1) getting back into adolescent/youth work and 2) getting an in with the new Positive Youth Development center director (who is the teacher). Apparently next spring I'll be "Developing and Designing Intervention Studies for Youth" Yeah yeah I know what you are thinking....I've already taken this course....and you'd be right, but nothing like a refresher to get me excited about the research I wish I was doing :)

One of my bosses, with a horrified look, said to me (while in my euphoric morning of registration) "you can't leave us until the grant is done!" Don't worry, calm yourself, I'm loyal and will stay through next year. But we've got to start thinking about next steps bitches!!!

YEAH, I'm excited! And plus it is pass/fail class so I don't have to work too hard, and UVA is paying for it. Rockin.

No comments:

Post a Comment