Tuesday, December 29, 2009

top 10 notes from the holiday

  1. You should not drive your sister's stick shift silver bullet on icey roads while trying to talk on the phone (at least I wasn't rapping, drinking a soda, or using the navigation at the same time).
  2. 8 cups of rice makes lots and lots of sushi rolls, even for 7 adults fueled by excessive amounts of wine.
  3. There were alcohol themes throughout the holiday season as everyone received or gave gifts of booze (Jameson 40, wine, etc.), of booze equipment (wine glasses, wine decanters, etc.), or of booze-themed merchandise (tequila butter knifes, Irish drinking team t-shirts, etc.)
  4. I laughed so hard that I slightly peed my pants twice over the last week.
  5. It was Keeter christmas, as my favorite dog joined us for two days of keeter fun. Although Keet has tumors and it much older than 10 years ago when he would chew his leather collar off and bring me frozen poopy diapers from the neighbor's garbage.
  6. I only saw 1 movie, which is bringing my average down....hells bells I went to church more than I went to the movies.
  7. I did all my favorite things while in Lansing, including: Pizza and a tall Labats at Leo's, a hamburger and cheesey fries at Sparty's, a shopping trip to Sam's, a drive through MSU with a basketball game, daily trips to the hot tub, and a day with HS friends (thanks Amanda and Leslie).
  8. I'm the family's weakest link---was reminded that I was a little shit as a child by multiple people (actually many folks outside of my immediate family), that I was representing the lower 25%-tile of s-m-r-t-ness until 6th grade, and that I am/was extremely picky to the point that I've left scares in the collective fam psychie. Great.
  9. I miss red meat, or at least a good steak every once and awhile.
  10. I love fires in a fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment