Saturday, December 12, 2009

more homage

I was thinking the other day about women and body image messages, prompting me to pay homage to the ladies representing pastey white women everywhere. These women are more original and go all natural compared to others in the spotlight. I like that they don't give two shits and are just comfortable in their skin.

Turns out the tides are continuing to turn, as companies like Dove and Glamour promote women of all physical types. Dove has been doing their Campaign for Real Beauty, and Glamour has done a couple of spreads representing women's bodies of all sizes. I like it. Listening to young children talk about why they are beautiful inside and out, makes me want to design more programs! Watching empowered women take a stand, inspires me.

Keep it up!!! (and PS, Dove, want to hire me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment