Monday, December 14, 2009

I don't undestand soccer

So yesterday afternoon I arrived at the gym and all these ladies were crowded around one of the TVs in the cafe. I, not having my glasses on, glanced up and saw they were watching some sports game and I assumed it was Sunday football. Once I got on my stairmaster (tehehehe), I noticed all these other exercisers were watching another TV with a game. Figured out this time it was a soccer game but feck if I could see who was playing. People kept cheering and yelling. Turns out UVA men's soccer team won the national champion in a nail biter shootout--where you just kick balls at the goal in hopes of winning after an even match.

Well good for them, except I just don't understand soccer. Red flag, green flag....I would like to see some more girlie colored flags, like purple or pink. The commentators would say "ahhh that was a bright pink flag, or wait from this angle perhaps it is lavender." And all this running around and around, makes my thighs hurt just thinking about it. Plus I don't get the off sides thing, sort of like blue line stuff in Hockey. Just get me some football, basketball or baseball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment