Monday, January 24, 2011

multi-tasking on the toilet

You know, I'm one of the ultimate multi-taskers. Well how the hell do you think I get so much done? I can organize and multi-task the shit out of you. Due to this fact, a recent study was not surprising to me, or maybe even too low.

I just read about a study finding suggesting that 27% of American use their mobile device to check facebook when on the toilet. Only 27%??? I probably spend over 50% of my toilet time multi-tasking. I talk on the phone and flush with my foot to avoid good cell reception. I frequently bring my entire laptop with me while watching a movie. I also talk on the phone when in airport bathrooms. I guarantee if you are reading this, I've been working on a good number two whilst talking to you on the phone.

I can even tell when other's are in the bathroom and attempting to multi-task (and consequently not doing it as good as me). Case and point, I talked to a friend the other day and I asked what she was doing (a normal LL first question to establish the situation). I said "well it sounds like you're in the bathroom" and she replied no way, but I insisted that is was OK if she was. Turn out, sure enough I got her to crack and admit it to me right there. It was great.

Now I'm not a fan of facebook but I have tweeted from the can. With this new phone, I can be an even better multi-tasker. Here's hoping in the next year I'm up to 75% of phone usage on the toilet. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment