Sunday, January 2, 2011

shut up, big O

Well I have a slight rant on the Big O. I mean first off, you have to give the lady some props. She is a legend....a talk show host, an entrepreneur, a philanthropist, a billionaire....but damn sometimes I wish she would just shut the hell up. She got the whole world wrapped around her finger--telling them what books to read (the club), what things to buy at Christmas (her favorite things), and basically how to live their lives.

I don't typically watch her show, but while at the gym on Friday I saw her interview J.K. Rowlings. I figured this would be worthwhile since it is HP, J. K. rarely grants interviews, and the Big O had to go to Scotland to speak with her. I mean this is a brilliantly talented billionaire author, and the Big O couldn't shut up to let her speak. When you ask a question, you should allow some downtime for someone to answer before you start talking about yourself. But no no no, O would jump in and answer for herself. Made me want to punch her...right in the throat.

The Big O always does this. If she isn't comparing everything to herself, she is talking in ridiculously exaggerated emphasis on odd words with varying volumes. As a matter of fact, there are hundreds of youtube videos chronically this over the last 25 years.

Just kill me now. As Helga says F me in the A. Why doesn't anyone just retire anymore? She'll be back. You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment