Saturday, July 10, 2010

shoes are women's weakness

Sooo we all know that "shoes are women's one major weakness" and that most men don't understand this. I was listening to a good friend today describe how the only scary thing related to the big couple move in is the shoes. M, have you not ever seen SITC? Where men are disposable and shoes stay in rooms of their own. Let's ask D about this as well, I'm sure he could comment on the entire room that is devoted to his wife's clothing and shoes (love you T).

Well anyways, I read today that on average women are spending over $24,000 a lifetime on shoes. HOLY balls, that is alot of money! I know teachers who don't even make that much a year. I guess there are lots of different types of shoes the average women has...heels, boots, boots/heels, flippy floppies (yes, please!), tennis shoes, pumps, dress flats....and the list continues. And I would like to point out, because I've learned this the hard way, that shoes for one occasion are not always acceptable for other occasions. Plus, most women's shoes are not cheap either. Case and point these new shoes:

The architecturally demanding shoe:

beigefoldedshoe-by-marloes-ten-bhomer-16.jpg

The 2010 update to wooden Dutch-ish shoe:

Don't worry, each of these will cost you an arm and a leg, plus your partner's leg as well. I'm sure it will be worth it though when we are all broke but have amazing footwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment