Wednesday, July 21, 2010

radio rockstar

Soooo for those that do not know, I've become a radio rockstar. Well maybe not "rockstar" but I've officially started a radio news gig. We will see how long this business lasts because 1) it might be more work than I initially anticipated, 2) I might not pick the "right" type of news or may accidentally drop the f-bomb causing them to fire my ass, and 3) I'm not sure I fit the radio stereotypes. Yep, it's almost true, video may have killed the radiostar.

I'm not sure what I was thinking signing up for this because, as many of you know, I am not known as a linguist. I barely speak the English language correctly and generally try to play it off on an element of my "coolness." Hehehe, if there is such a thing. I just keep saying "It sounds the same to me."

So this week, I was reporting on the new Supreme Court Justice nominee Elena Kagan. Her name isn't particularly difficult to pronounce compared to names from Iraq or other foreign lands. BUT in normal LL-ism fashion, I massacred it. I think I got the first name right, but I pronounced her last name as Kegel. As in Kegel exercises that women sometimes do to....well let's just leave it at that.

So if you want to hear me rock out, tune into WNRN's live radio feed every Wednesday morning from 6-8:30 AM EST. I think you will be able to hear my sexy voice read the news and mispronounce all the important things. It should be a good time.

2 comments:

  1. A story on kegel exercises would be more interesting anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I can think of about 20 stories a day that, to me, are wayyyy more interesting than what I am reporting on. Sooo we will see how long it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete