Sunday, July 25, 2010

I have the best friends

I seriously have the best friends in the world. They are truly the most amazing people ever. In a show of solidarity against Lupus, my friends have decided to run a marathon in my honor. They are raising money to run 26 million miles with a bunch of hot Marines. That is truly amazing for a number of reasons:
  1. Anything over 3 miles is like a marathon to me. What? You are running a 5K, yep sounds like a marathon/triathlon to me.
  2. I only run downhill, occasionally on level ground, and NEVER uphill.
  3. I only run when being chased....no, no, no, I only run when being chased and NOT wanting to be caught.
So I do like myself a good parade or running event. I like events where people are putting their hearts into training and/or waving from a gigantic raspberry float. I get a little too excited and tend to shout inappropriate things like:
  • "Pull it out!"
  • "You can do it!" (and that is only now dirty because of Rob S.)
  • "I love raspberries!"
So a tip of my hat to my Jilly Bean and Brian.....and perhaps Helga and T who may be convinced to run parts of it along side of them. I, on the other hand, will be fully clothed cheering from the sidelines with my mug'o'coffee with a little Bailey's creamer. Here's hoping that big ball of death in the sky stays hidden and you run like Forrest Gump....

Apparently there are other Lupie supporters running during this marathon too, so LFA is going to highlight them in the next foundation newsletter. Bitchin, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment