Sunday, July 11, 2010

burning the roof

For months now I've been singing the new La Roux song wrong. I knew this, but I prefer the way I sing the lyrics. Every time it comes on the radio I raise my hands in the air and yell "BURNING THE ROOF" as a play off of raise the roof. This happened for an entire 3 days of fun in DC a couple weeks ago, and Brianne kind of wanted to kill me...

I mean the song just sounds better if you say "This time, bbbbaby, I'll be burning the roof" when in reality it is supposed to be "this time baby, I'll be bulletproof." I'd rather raise the roof and then light it on fire. So today I looked up the lyrics and found this:

La Roux - Bullet Proof from serkan söğüt on Vimeo.



And thought to myself....wow that video is like a Jamiroquai video circa the 80's with a European techno / gender-confused Ron Wesley feel to it. No? No? Anyone else get that feeling. I'm just saying. OK OK, the cheese stands alone....If I still went to gay techno clubs regularly they would definitely be playing this song! Next time I'm in Minney? OK, it's a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment