Sunday, July 4, 2010

an alaskan update part 2

**No pictures until I get back to the lower 48s because I decided not to bring my laptop last minute, but I'm still getting some good pics**

Well it is official. I saw a moose or two yesterday. And apparently I saw a male bull moose because it had horns/antlers that were big and fuzzy. I called him bullwinkle. Brian texted me wanting to know if I petted it and I replied, I didn't want to get that close because I was afraid it would mount me!!! Bridawg has had moose chase after her. Ryan called me a moose papazzi because I was taking pictures like no one's business, and jumping out of the car, and runnin across the road....

Next I need to find Levi....I heard he has a place in Anchorage now....

The little pooper had a great birthday party yesterday. There was this other little child that I was secretly inCLASS coding through the afternoon, and after everyone left I exclaimed "that kid was a little shit." Seriously low on Peer Sociability, no Peer Assertiveness, and my little Cooper had great Behavior Control when that shit kept hitting him over his Buzzlight toy. The best birthday gift was from this guy who brought a big box, which was painted with bingo dobers and filled with old tubberware. It was a hit when all the kids started stacking them and planning with them. Best gift ever. Boxes and used tupperware. The kid is only 1 and doesn' t know what is going on anyways...

Yesterday we also went to an Alaskan farmers/juke market downtown where I buy all kind of local business. I got gifts and stufff for me and made friends with some Alaskans granola eating naives. We went looking for salmon at some low tide place but ended up just having a dance party with Cooper my little pooper. He is a really good dancer and loves it when I sing to him in public! We also randomally pulled over at some lake and did a little impromptu swimming. Ryan and I convinced Bri to let Cooper go in the water fully clothed and diapered. It was the best birthday after as he played in the water and sand with me!

More observations from Alaska:
  • All the Alaskan neighborhoods have houses that are a three way cross between MN northern cabins, FL beach cottages, and army housing. They are typically longer, 2-story split level, with the garage in front, and odd placed decks and windows. I like them but I can't put my finger on if they are preparing for a flood or for lots of snow, or both!
  • The pine trees here are like Charile Brown christmas trees alittle. They are tall, skinny, and don't always have alot of needles on them. This is stark contrast to the Pacific NW trees I'm used to...
  • I parked in the Anchorage Mayors spot last night. Still hoping to get arrested before I leave this great state....
  • They call public buses "people movers" here....yep it is painted right on the side of the big b-u-s. I guess that too is an accurate name. People mover. Hmmmm.
  • Speaking of odd names, they also call snowmobiles, snow-machines. The trail signs says "no snow-machining"
  • Apparently I'm turning into my Grandpa S. (nice tits) and momma B, because Ryan called me a human GPS yesterday. I didn't realize that I was naming off everything we were driving by. I guess I was giving a running commentary of what was going through my head, and it was cracking everyone up. I almost wet my pants laughing when I realized this.
  • I was reading off the trail signs the other day when we were hiking and it said "no humping" and I shouted "WHAT, I can't hump when in the woods!!!" Ohhh, Ok I bet that just said no dumping. My bad, I don't have my glasses on. My mistake :) Happens to me all the time, as my mind is more dirrty than the averager persons!
  • In a previous life I may have been one of those weight guessing carnies at a county fair because yesterday Ryan bet me I couldn't get with $5 of our bill of beer and food at a restaurant, and I got within $0.89!!! Take that bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment