Wednesday, July 22, 2009

national hot dog day!

So today was national hot dog day, and I was able to attend the big lunch event on the hill! It has be guessestimated that at least 1000 people showed. I was pimped out in my business casual, which Betty was right was not really business casual DC style. But I generally fit it, even though Betty threaten to change the last name on my name tag so people wouldn't know we were related.

I took the metro in, followed some guy with baseballs to the correct location. The event was in a big courtyard with fountains, picnic tables, bars, and hot dog stands. It was a good time. I think I ate 2 hot dogs and a sausage....ohhh and some bake beans, and some chips, and a rice krispe treat. Damn what a heifer. Who the hell eats that much? Oh and I had 2 beers and 2 pops. Alright apparently I got my money out of the free event.

The surprise of the event was there were baseball players there. I just didn't know that I should have brought some balls to get signatures. I don't really know these people, but apparently there was Vince Coleman, and Barry something or other, and some other old dudes. Ask Betty, because I don't remember.

I got to see alot of Betty and my friends from AMI, and meet a bunch of her business contacts from the private side of the meat industry. There were people who introduced themselves to me from knowing my dad and betty, and boy were these folks proud of the big B. She was meeting and greeting and just breaking hearts. I was one proud sis.

Catch her out in action:



Get me a hot dog....

No comments:

Post a Comment