Thursday, July 29, 2010

crap, that's an ugly mug

Well crap and a half, I got an email today that just about knocked my socks off. As I've mentioned previously, I got the best friends in the world. They are my family and I love them dearly. And apparently because they are nutters, they are running their balls off in my honor and raising money for LFA.

My friends at LFA found out and decided to feature them in their foundation newsletter. I agreed to this thinking that we would be one line near the bottom of the damn thing after people had already stopped scrolling through it. Turns out we were right on top and they stole our picture!!! FOR CHRIST SAKE....my ugly mug got emailed around to hundreds of people in the DC metro area today. Crap. My white, sweaty (due to massive amounts of football practice on the National Mall) and looked HUGE!!! God damnit.

Here is what they said:

  • "Friends of LFA-DMV, In addition to providing you information on our upcoming events and programs, we want to highlight interesting efforts of other members/supporters. Jilly Bean and Brian are running in the Marine Corps Marathon in October and they are raising money online in support of their friend LL.LL is an active member of the Alexandria Support Group and her friends are using their FirstGiving page to honor her, further her efforts with LFA-DMV and bring lupus awareness to a larger audience. Check out their FirstGiving website. FirstGiving is an online giving site that individuals can use to collect donations for non-profit organizations like us. You can turn any event into an awareness and fundraising opportunity!"
Want to the pic that was sent around???? Check out this older post and scroll to the one of Jilly Bean, Brian and I. YIKES, scary huh? Fine for the privacy of my own site but I'm not sure I was prepared for it to be mailed to everyone related to Lupus in the tri-state area......

I hope it got us some donations.....remember you can donate the pennies in your couch here!

No comments:

Post a Comment