Saturday, July 10, 2010

I heart those brit's hats

Well you all know I have a slight addiction to the Brits, and general fashion....and I missed making commentary on the annual Royal Ascot last month. This is a royal horse race where all the rich and powerful male Brits wear top hats and suits, and the females have amazingly over-the-top hats. When I lived in London there was a hat shop just down the road and I got to meet the owner. I love these funky hats and the events where everyone has to sport them:



And did you know there are royal rules to attend this event? Yeppers, the Queen herself has rules for how people have to look at this event. In case you can't read, the Royal Ascot website had some visual photos you can refer to. Her Majesty wants you to cross your ankles and not your legs....well damn!

I would attend this event in a heart beat and I'd work really really hard not to be a 6 foot tall, swearing like a pirate, American. Yes please. I like big hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment