Friday, April 9, 2010

signs of stress--my everyday life

So I just received my 3rd email in two days from UVA that outlines how I can better recognize stress symptoms in my students as we are approaching finals and the end of the semester. Well, great! I'm sooo happy we are concerned about all the students. Do we have a memo like this that I can receive a copy of 4 billion times a day that helps faculty and staff??? Who the hell is watching out for these types of symptoms in me:
  1. Deterioration in physical appearance
  2. Lack of personal hygiene
  3. Excessive fatigue
  4. Visible changes in weight
Sometimes I just don't give two shits about what I look like, #1 above. For example today I look like a gypsy.

And sometimes I just forget to brush my teeth, #2, and often times when I remember it is only with a bottle of Jack.

Yeah, #3 excessive fatigue, you're kidding right? That is like my everyday Lupie life.

And I'm sure there has been plenty of visible changes in weight, #4, after last weekend which was full of fried food and vodka.

And what is so great about this informational stress flyer, is that it states if you are having a stressful emergency to dial 911. Phhhh, thank god I got that reminder. I had TOTALLY forgot about that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment