Saturday, April 3, 2010

LL and some MN-sotens head to the hill

Sooo it has been an eventful couple days here in the big VA! Thursday night I was driving across town for my normal workout with T, only to notice that the plastic pinto's check engine light came out. I was being an amazing investigator by popping my hood (hahahah) and sniffing around, only to realize that I locked my cars in my now closed car. Good work LL, nice.

So T and I took our bucket of wine and hiked all the way to slave owning TJ's Monticello home and back. Then she drove my sexy ass back across town to get my spare car key. Thank GOD that I had recently farmed out my apartment keys so every joe smoe in the Ville can break into my place (it's not like I remember to lock the doors--case and point lunch last week). I decided to give D and T a car key as well....might as well cover my bases.

At this point, I was so damn hungry I could have ate my own arm, so we ordered chinese and relaxed some. Much later I realized I still needed to pack and figure out how the hell I was going to get up to DC. I mentally decided to still drive the plastic pinto and pray for a miracle that it wouldn't die half way to DC. I woke up at 3 AM and decided to book a morning train ticket instead. Sooo I took the train up in time to have lunch with Betty on the hill and run back over to the capital.

Keith and Jon, my gay husband's from Minnesota, are in town for the weekend. You know, them and every other American, are here for the cherry blossom festival and Easter weekend. They toured the WH yesterday morning and then had a Capital tour scheduled for the afternoon, which was my goal to invade. We met up in some South Dakota senator's office (where I kept saying that SD doesn't even have a corn palace only to realize that it is ND that doesn't have anything cool) and had some amazing odd tour guide take us through the new billion dollar controversial vistor's center, capital, and hour session floor. It was pretty cool actually because we didn't have to wait in any lines AND we didn't have to hear all the stories and bullshit that goes with the real tour (I heard one red coat guide excitedly say "And that is when WWII started!!" and I almost throw up a little in my mouth). I was very glad to be able to do it, and could cross that off my DC "to do" list!

Here is me on the senate train underground that goes from the capital to the senate offices (Keith, Jon, and I were taking every opportunity to be obnoxious by waving our hands in the air like we were on a roller coaster):



Next we met up with another SD-acian friend of Keiths at an amazing local pub/bar/restaurant called Busboys and Poets. OMG I loved this place. It was like a chilled, all natural, bookstore slash restaurant with a bar of coffee and booze. This is a place to see and be seen. If I lived here I would definitely spend time working here, sitting on comfy couches, using free wireless, and watching all the hot black men wandering around reading books and working on their Macbook Airs. HOT!!!

Afterwards we walked the U-corridor because it was a beautifully warm night. We hit up DC's legendary fried chili restaurant, Ben's. And we kept walking to find a popular gay sports bar. I forgot out wonderful it is to people watch in gay bars. They had happy hour specials which we definitely partook in. It was like being back in MN at the Eagle with 3 or 1's. There is a good possibility that we will back at this sports bar for the "drag bunch" where I can get HH bloody marys served to me by some drag queens (simple math, this=heaven).

Plus you have to love a pub that has this sign for their restrooms:



And here is Keith (who was dressed like an omelet) and I (who wore yoga pants and a wife beater with a green bra to the US Capital and to the bar) reenacting many of our amazing life experiences whilst holding down some bar stoles surrounded by buckets of Leine's (or insert ML).

No comments:

Post a Comment