Tuesday, April 6, 2010

news of the day

  • The Scrabble makers have changed some of the rules (you know the ones I was really good at following already) to include proper nouns. Well before my next scrabble game, I'll have to first learn what the hell a proper noun is. I have a cheat sheet one of my undergraduates gave me that is a list of the most common propositions for editing our online database. Well damnit all, I wasn't an English major!
  • JK Rowling casually announced yesterday while reading books at the White House Easter Egg roll that will most likely have another Harry Potter book out soon. WTF?!?! Like one of those short story spin-off (apparently both Rowling and Meyers are milking the short story teet) or another major HP book???? I hope it is the latter but I highly doubt it.
  • This chick is making the internets rounds for being alittle delusionally high after getting her wisdom teeth out. I can sort of relate to this because apparently I was the same way after my wisdom teeth surgery, talking smack about spiders and trying to get out of bed. I just kept pointing and saying I could see spiders. Ahhhh good, high times.
  • I officially (I think) had my second article from my thesis at WSU accepted for publication yesterday. Turns out I didn't have to offer my body and other non-professional favors in order for the journal to want my work. Phhhh, I totally would have done it! This weekend I may have to take a moment to celebrate.
  • The major of LA is trying to shut down the city for two days sometime in the month of April to save a little money. Unlike the Gov. of MI and her continued stupidity, this is some what of a more reasonable solution to the economic situation. Mind you, I'm saying it is a good solution, just better than some other states.
  • Brett Favre just became a grandpa. Seriously? I'm speechless....stuck between comments about how fabulously old he is and weirdness.
  • I had an rougher day today (I sent a couple emails with the f-bomb in them) and my class was kicking my ass (can't take weekends off with all this extra non-work-related work). But I had 90 minutes of blissful yoga tonight with my favorite friends. Good way to end the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment