Tuesday, April 13, 2010

an emotional wreck

Well it's official....my team has just surpassed the $10,000 fund raising goal for the Walk for Lupus this coming Saturday. And I'm going to continue to be an emotional wreck until well after the Walk. Seriously, I've been warning my friends that I have been overwhelmed with the response I've had from my team, my family, my friends, my colleagues, and the Lupus foundation. I can't get over how everyone has been overly supportive and giving and everything I can't be for them. I don't even have words for it. I have tears, lots of tears, and feelings of much gratitude.

So THANK YOU, thank you for supporting me and for supporting this important cause. I know we will continue to make essential moves towards new research, treatments and maybe someday a cure. I accepted years ago that this disease will be with me everyday and probably will lead me down roads I never thought I'd be on. But these funds are literally saving my life. The programs I am able to attend and the amount of new research we are able to do is meaningful in my everyday life!!! THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much.

PS, don't bring this up with me in public or I might start crying in front of you and I seriously don't like to do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment