Sunday, April 11, 2010

pre-gardening

Well yesterday I was cruising around our local farmer's market running into friends and ducking away from the sun as much as possible. And I was talked into buying some plants for the upcoming garden. I'm not ready yet to get too serious about planting things, as it is too sunny and I don't have much extra time to devote to digging (B, that is for memorial day!). BUT I bought a flat of strawberry plants. Yep, it was four larger strawberry plants which I was told would produce strawberries for the next two months, then I could plant them and they would regrow next year! Exciting huh?

So of course I ran into some friends who immediately said, "we can make our summer drinks with those!!!" Well there is a good idea. I need to get my basil and cucumbers going just so we can just those too for summer cocktails. Mmmmm basil and cucumber martinis. Yum! At first I might have been concerned that all the things I'm growing in my garden are now going towards salads and booze drinks......then I built a bridge and got over it :)

Bring on the summer drinks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mint, you need mint for those raspberry mojitos we had last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, my friend IMed me the same thing this afternoon!!! Phhh good thing my good friend T & D already have a forest of it in their front yard. Check and check, we got that one covered.

    ReplyDelete