Monday, August 3, 2009

news of the last couple days....

  1. The plastic pinto got some new back brakes today, thus passing the VA state inspection. You zexy braking machine!!!
  2. D makes the BEST homemade sushi, which I enjoyed the tuna, scallops, smoked salmon and shrimp tempura on Saturday night. Yum!
  3. I've resolved to leave clues from Dirty Minds on all my friends cars. "It's long, it's hard...." Since someone thoughts I was already doing this to them!
  4. I highlighted my hair this weekend with a purple/red dye. Success = no one being able to notice right away but getting a little color caught in the sun. I rubbered gloved the shit out of that hair dye.
  5. I successfully changed the 48 inch fluorescent lights in my kitchen this weekend without shattering the tube or electrocuting myself. Points for me! This is a particularly important development since I've been lobbing off pieces of my fingers with knives and getting stung by bees in my eyeballs lately.
  6. Ginny, my friend from Miami, has successfully made it to Cville, and I was able to show her a good time this weekend (i.e., taking her to the dollar store and wallie wall to stock up on things for her new apartment).
  7. I lost my wallet this morning.....but found it after 1 hour of shear anxiety.
  8. I officially bought my ticket to Austin, TX for late October!!! On the agenda: two-stepping, cowboys, booze, and sharing a 1-room bed and breakfast with two girlfriends. Ohhhh boy, look out Texasssss we're coming! (pray for cloudy weather please).
  9. I got a letter from my cousin Everett, who is going through basic training for the US Army in Missouri (I'll show you mine if you show me yours). He is alive and loving all the push-ups he has to do everyday. Note to family and friends, please write him because it really means alot to him.
  10. I counted over 35 green tomatos on my 6 foot tomato plants this weekend while tending my garden o' goodness. I had about 5 cucumbers I picked last week as well, and still one more on the vine. Those green tomatos are all going to change at one time!!!!
  11. I did the splits tonight in yoga.....all my man friends go ahead and cross your legs, but it felt sooooo good :)
  12. T minus about 1 month until UMN football in Minnie. Hells yes baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment