Saturday, January 30, 2010

snow apocalypse part 2

So it is officially Cville's snow apocalypse part 2. It all started last December right before Christmas...the snow arrived and then it just kept coming and coming until we were all snowed in for days. Unlike before Christmas, this time I made sure I had food in my house and you know, a shovel. Although I'll admit the boots and shovel are still in the trunk of the plastic pinto.

Anywho, it started snowing sometime last night and still hasn't stopped. I think around 8 AM this morning we had 6-8 inches and I bet by now we are at a good foot or so. This means that Cville is basically on lock down. No gym, no stores open and everyone is staying indoors.

Thank god M isn't here because I would have enjoyed hearing him yell "I'm going to die in Cville, fire the Mayor!!!" because they have NO idea how to plow or shovel the roads. I heard on the news this morning that the parks and recreation department bought 4 new push snow blowers after the first apocalypse so that they could actually clear sidewalks. Let me tell you, those were beautiful John Deere blowers....

Last night I couldn't figure out why the street parking was all reserved and blocked off downtown. Turns out they were anticipating the snow and not letting cars stay on the streets. They didn't want a repeat of last December when after the new years, two weeks later, cars were still stuck in banks of poorly plowed snow. Good work, Cville, good work.

Here is my car at 8 AM this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment