Thursday, January 28, 2010

eye plugs

Now if you have a dirty mind like me when you see BP, like the gas station, you automatically think of other types of plugs. Well today I had some plugs put in...nope not a the dirty mind version and not the hair plug version either (damn you nick saban)! But instead I had plugs put in the tear ducks of my eyes. Weird huh?

Well for those that don't know one of the side affects of Lupus is dehydration and dryness. I drink gallons and gallons of water a day, and I always have one of the green wine bottle with me. Well dry eye is part of it too. And I got myself some new eye doctors who actually know what the hell they are doing. The last couple months I've been taking fish oil, using prescription eye drops and remembering to blink in front of my computer.

Today I had my follow-up appointment to see if my lenses don't have holes in them and if my eye can retain water. Turns out they are better now! And the next step, now that my eyes are producing better tears, was to plug up the ducks to my nose so that it keeps more water in there. This was not the most pleasant thing, especially for someone who doesn't like people touching their eyes!!! I had a headache and felt like my head was clogged up all afternoon. But apparently now I can cry without having my nose run. Great.

Why the hell can't I make these appointments in the afternoon so I can just go home and sit in a dark room?

No comments:

Post a Comment