Saturday, January 23, 2010

feeling blessed

So this was a busy week. School started this week, I lead a training, and I had couple moment of soul searching (and you know that shit just tires me out). Today I worked a good 4 hours for the non-profit we all consult for, then I had lunch with my second boss, attended A's job talk (good job lady, and thank you for just saying "I'm glad you were just there, you are my rock"), then walked around Sam's Club with another colleague/friend. All these conversations were about life, love, work, and such blessings.

Then I hosted spaghetti night at my house for, you know, 9 of my closest happy hour friends. We had some a-mazing food. I made 5 kinds of noodles and Booren Farm ground beef, and others brought tomato, pesto, cream, and spicy vodka sauces. We had a plethora of LL's pottery and lots of amazing food. After many bottles of my 2 buck chuck (this is just for Terri, dad, and betty) and a couple rounds of the leg shaving beeping game (what was this? scadderhead? pictureme-baby?), I'm feeling sort of blessed.

D brought me 5 gigs of the Closer and the new Taylor Swift CD. I'm already listening to Taylor now, and loving every minute of it. THANK YOU for thinking of me, and for reading my blog, and for being such a meaningful addition to my life (well you and the person you depress!). Here's hoping our Viks make it to the Superbowl. I'm holding my breath for this Sunday.

I also heard from my good friend Diane (at WSU) this week, and it made me smile. She was reading my blog and wishing that I was shaking my ass in front of her office. I bet that is something both Mary and Keith miss in MN too :) My ass is pretty big and is slightly distracting from work when shaking what my momma made me. This comment reminds me of something Bernice in hot-lanta would say. Who I also love dearly (did you get my package?).

As an overall reflection, it truly has been a month of seeing all the people I love....in MI (manda & leslie too), in B-more, in Hot-lanta, hosting Betty, and then back here in Cville with friends. I spent the last two nights on the phone with 3 of my girlfriends (helga, big ass, and sarah--who consequently doesn't have a nickname yet). Here to beaches and booze next fall.

I guess I'm thankful for having a skill set that allows me to paint old ladies nail (bringing more joy to their lives than it does for me) and for the ability to teach Mormons how to sew. Tomorrow I'm doing a jean skirt tutorial and I guess that is something. I'm happy for job interviews too and wedding contracts being delivered, and healthy triplets. This are small yet big things.

This weekend, take a moment, be thankful for all the blessings in your life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment