Thursday, January 14, 2010

my 09-10 mission

So for those who don't know, I've been on a mission....that's right, an unstated mission to find the best of the two dishes I love. I've been slightly addicted to seafood and carrot cake the last year. No matter where I am, I order up mussels and carrot cake. When in Austin in the fall, I ordered more carrot cake than I desserts I ate all year....

I LOVE Cville's own Mas's mussels, and tonight I found another steamed chilied mussels which rivals those amazing steroids ones at Mas. I was having drinks at Zocalo and decided I needed that appie. It was delicious, and almost as good as Mas. I didn't get any carrot cake but I've been eating those all across the country. In Cville, Chandler's is still my favorite. Not as dry as HotCakes.

The goal for 2010, more mussels (/seafood) and carrot cake......

No comments:

Post a Comment