Saturday, January 30, 2010

headed back to NBC sunday AMs

I was a HUGE fan of Meet the Press (MTP) and Tim Russert before his untimely death. I still miss his energy, enthusism, and those lovely white boards. Since his sad passing, I switched over to This Week with that short greek god, George on Sunday mornings. I thought he was an excellent commenter and moderator. He knew his shit and called people out on their shit. Plus, George Will reminded me of my boss with his subtle spin-style comments--good listener.

Well ABC did some news shifting by bringing Diane Sawyer from the AM news to the PM news, which means they stole George S. from Sunday mornings to weekly AM news. Pisses me off. He is too smrt to be stuck in the bright, sunny morning news. So what does this mean for This Week? Hells bells who knows, at this point but we've been experiencing some substitutes.

This week's substitute might have officially pushed me back to MTP and that tall sexy fox, David Gregory. David has been growing on me, and today he interview Axelrod with force. I love it!!! I flipped back over to This Week and turns out Barbara Walters was hosting. I know Barbara is old and respected and all that, but I'm completely over her. Yeah she is out of touch, just like Regis. It is time to retire folks, your health is failing (how many hip replacements has Regis had the last couple years missing his daily appearances?) and you can't remember things (anyone remember when she called Heath Ledger, Keith?).

Today, Barbara cited Cosmopolitan magazine during her moderation of the conversation about the State of the Union. Really? Cosmo???? Please Barbara, take that shit back to the View. Then you and all those menopausal ladies can all talk at the same time, and cite bullshit magazines that don't belong in serious politick conversations.

I'm officially moved back to team MTP, go Gregory!!! It's been awhile, but it's nice to be home. I'll still think of you George when around the Newsmuem in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment