Thursday, September 9, 2010

radio rockstar (and not getting paid)

So many you know I started, and then shortly quitttted, a local radio show job. I got recruited by my good friend, B, to help out reading and writing the morning news. I figured, well this shit will be fun and easy....turns out it totally sucks my balls. Seriously, lots of work and no where near fun. So I've tried to professionally get myself out of that the last month between work travels and funerals. I think the news director thinks I hate him or the station--really I don't, I just am not down with volunteering for 6 hours a week at 5 AM while being brow beaten by various people...

Anywho, on the radio front, I am a technology/podcast fan. I podcast the shit out of various radio shows, tv shows, the white house, and other things that exponentially enhance my life. Case and point, the Detroit (aka d-town) local radio show. In my mornings and evenings, I listen to these 5-10 minute shows and one of my favorite sessions is called "Smarter than Shannon." This is where listeners try to beat this morning DJ on 5 celebrity BS questions. It is great, I play along and mostly beat the contestents but rarely beat the DJ.

So this AM, say 7 ish this morning, I was listening and they had a "what I hate about the show" segment, which I had some to add to. I decided, on a whim because I never do this, to email the show to tell to to stop saying "GOOD LUCK GURRRL" during this celebrity gossip knowledge competition (it would annoy the hell out of me). Turns out in the 5 minutes it took me to walk from my house to work before 8 AM the chick (aka, Shannon) emailed me back from d-town!!!! HOLY BALLS.

After a couple rounds of emails she asked me to participate with her next week in the celebrity BS competition. Well this sounds like something WAYYYY more up my alley. So my D-town radio rockstar show down is officially scheduled for 6:30 AM on Monday morning. Here's hoping I'll be the 5th person in over 90 attempts to beat her....don't hold your damn breath though (she knows way more useless shit than I do)! I'm going to have to bone up on some BS news this weekend and pray for questions I know that she doesn't know!

More info to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment