Wednesday, September 8, 2010

historical D-town concert

Ohhh man I wish I was in Detroit last weekend. Last Thursday and Friday nights were the first round of the Home and Home tour with Em and JZ. Here are some of the highlights from my d-town friends:
  • There is going to be a DVD of the show released later.
  • The show was so hot and amazing that they ran over the curfew downtown, where they were fined something ridiculous like $1000 a minute. BUT you gotta love that Em probably put up his middle finger and just kept playing for his hometown.
  • B.O.B opened the show and came back for the encore. Amazing.
  • Special guest appearances: Young Jeezey, Drake, D12, Dr. Dre, G-Unit/50 Cent.
  • Shout outs included Beyonce (who was appeared there but did not come out on stage), all those passed (Young, Biggie, Proof, Aliyah)
  • JZ shouts out D-town from singing "Empire State" at the top of their lungs, saying "I know where I'm at". That's right JZ, D-towners gave props even if it about NYC, and I know you know that would not happen in your hometown if reversed about the big D.
  • Both JZ and Em did all their classics from the last 10-20 years, including some Dre/Snoop songs. Holy balls, amazing.
I would have given my left nut to be at those concerts. I would have considered going into a flare just to be able to jam for 7 hours with the hottest in the business. I know all your songs and would have had my hands in the air. HOT, sorry to have missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment